Skip to Content


Monthly ArchivesMonthly Archives: February 2015


Last week tonight…

This last week has been pretty busy for me. I ran into some PC problems and took the opportunity to build a new one since my old rig was over 6 years old.

I also replaced the problem components in the old PC and setup a new server for us to utilize which should help spread out the responsibilities of all the things we do to another machine.

We moved to dynamic entity loading/unloading which I am sure Zeruel will get around to covering in his first blog post, and I implemented a backup mechanism which will help prevent corruption issues on the server side if something goes wrong while writing out realm data.

Next I fixed an issue we were having with status bars on NPCs. Oh, by the way, we have NPCs now! Anyway, when hovering over a sheep you can see its health but some JavaScript non-sense was causing the values to zero out which I removed/fixed.

I also found that all the Enter/Esc actions in the main menu were not working probably since we switched to TypeScript last year. Oh well, fixed!

Lastly, I’ve been doing content setup today. We recently developed art assets for Soft and Hard leather, as well as Chain armor sets for both male and female characters. Look for these armor sets in-game soon!

That’s all for now.



Fixed an issue with the loading bar today. Once our “movement” component is loaded we accelerate the progress bar to get the player in-game faster. We do this 2% at a time. This means that if the value the terrain engine was at when this happened was odd, we’d overflow to 101%. I added a simple Math.Min constraint to what we send to the loading screen solving the issue.

Another issue was that un-equip was not simulating properly, the client would have to wait until the authoritative update came from the server to see what slot the unequipped item went into. I tracked this down to the simulation method, the item’s quantity was being set to 0 only on unequip… I think this was a remnant from before I had refactored the way things worked in the inventory system. Setting the quantity to 0 was supposed to make the item that was clicked disappear, not the target item. Removing this line of code resolved the issue.

Did some preliminary work on changing a landing page, and transforming into this dev blog.